Sunday, April 30, 2006

Successful and outstanding blogging

A really fantastic piece of news: I have been awarded the title of SOB (successful and outstanding blogger) by M. E. (Liz) Strauss of "Successful and Outstanding Bloggers" (subtitle: a community of leaders) -- for one week only. And among several others. I can't believe that Liz has even heard of Petrona, let alone reads and likes it. However, I found out last night that she's included me in the 28 April week roll of honour. Liz says of SOBs: "They take the conversation to their readers,contribute great ideas, challenge us, make us better, and make our businesses stronger. I thank every one of our SOBs for thinking what we say is worth passing on.Good conversation shared can only improve the blogging community." When I found she'd included me this week, I said: Maxine Says: April 29th, 2006 at 4:50 pm I can’t believe that you’ve featured Petrona on this posting. I am so honoured. I have no idea why you put me there, but thank you so much! With best wishes —reeling off now Maxine. She replied: ME Strauss Says: April 29th, 2006 at 5:08 pm Petrona!You write well and with passion about things that bloggers need to know. Sounds like a successful and outstanding blogger to me. Congratulations, Maxine! Well, she said it, not me! It is so cheering and motivating to have someone think and say this about one's blog. Liz even has these delightful "SOB" buttons that she invites winners to put on their blogs. Of course I can't work out how to do that, but if I ever do, I'll post it. I hope anyone reading this does not think I am blowing my own trumpet too much -- my excuse is that feedback of this nature is pretty unprecedented to me. I can't recall winning an award before, and it is doubly nice to win one for an activity I enjoy so much. Thank you, M. E. Strauss.