Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Book-review supplements in newspapers

Quite a debate going on over at Books, Inq. about stand-alone book-review sections in newspapers. They are pretty rare in the United States, apparently. I am not sure how weekly book-review round-ups fare in the local newspapers in the UK, not well either probably, although the nationals are quite good...at least in what used to be called the broadsheets. Actually, what do I know? I only read the Saturday Times's weekly books supplement (which also has su dokus!), though from reading Sarah Weinman's weekly round-up, the UK situation seems fairly healthy. Still making very little progress on anything outside work and domestic stuff. Tomorrow I am off to a two-day workshop to help specify a production-tracking system so I may not do any posting or blog checking. Will I get withdrawal symptoms in the latter case? Well, at least I might use the time to make headway with Cold Granite while I am Cold Turkey, ha ha.