Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Exiled Tibetans protest Google censorship in China

Boing Boing: Exiled Tibetans in Dharamsala protest Google censorship in China There are some good pictures here of anti-Google demos in response to the famed China censorship. The people in the photo have no problem in spelling Google forwards, at least. And some of the posters are quite witty (I like the "Goolag"). It does make me wonder whether they created the posters themselves or whether they had help to make them? But a bigger question is: if you are Chinese (or a Tibetan exile), what would you rather have, censored Google (and Yahoo! et al., this issue is by no means limited to Google), or no Google at all? Like most questions, there is no easy answer. I know what I'd prefer but I am not saying I am right.